If you’ve ever wondered what those small, round bumps on other people’s earlobes are, they’re probably cartilage ear piercings. Ear Cartilage is the stiff, rubbery tissue that makes up the majority of the ear’s structure. It’s the substance that shapes your ear.
What Are Cartilage Ear Piercings
Ear piercings through cartilage are those that go through the thin, tough tissue that makes up the outer section of the ear. This style of piercing is often done with a needle and is available at the majority of professional piercing studios.
Most of it has different kinds of affordable body jewelry ear cartilage, that’s why it has become more popular nowadays. You can choose where to put it, and this can be done in a variety of places, including the top of the ear, the helix, and the tragus.
Cartilage piercings might take longer to heal than other types of piercings, so be patient and follow your piercer’s aftercare guidelines. Once healed, cartilage piercings can be very attractive and give a unique touch to your appearance.
The Benefits of Cartilage Ear Piercings
There are many benefits to cartilage ear piercings, from the unique styling options they offer to the health benefits they provide. Here are some benefits of cartilage ear piercings:
- It provides a unique and stylish look.
- It can be less painful than other types of piercings.
- It typically heals quickly and without complications.
- It can help relieve tension headaches.
- It can help improve your hearing.
- It can help prevent ear infections.
- It can help relieve sinus pressure.
- It can help you express your individuality.
- It can be a fun and creative way to express your style.
Because of its size and versatility, cartilage ear piercing is a highly popular piercing among young people. It can be worn to improve your appearance or as a functional piercing, such as the helix piercing.
How To Choose the Right Type of Cartilage Ear Piercing for You
There are many different types of cartilage ear piercings available today, and it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a cartilage ear piercing:
- The location of the piercing. Are you looking for a piercing that will be hidden by your hair, or one that is visible?
- The size of the piercing. Some piercings are very small, while others are quite large.
- The pain level. Some people find cartilage piercings to be very painful, while others find them to be only slightly uncomfortable.
- The healing time. Cartilage piercings can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to heal.
- The risks. Cartilage piercings come with a risk of infection, so it’s important to choose a reputable piercer and follow aftercare instructions carefully.
Take all of these factors into consideration when choosing the right type of cartilage ear piercing, and you will surely get the best one or pair.
How To Care for Your New Cartilage Ear Piercing
If you’ve recently had a cartilage ear piercing, it’s a great choice. They are definitely one of the most popular types of piercings right now. But now that you have one, you might be wondering how to care for it. Here are a few tips:
- Keep the area clean. Gently wash it with soap and water a few times a day.
- Avoid touching it. This can introduce bacteria and increase the risk of infection.
- Don’t sleep on it. Sleeping on your side or stomach can put unnecessary pressure on the piercing and prolong healing.
- Change your pillowcase often. This will help to keep the area clean and free of bacteria.
- Be patient. Cartilage piercings can take up to a year to fully heal.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be on your way to a healthy, healed piercing in no time.